We must fight for working families by expanding opportunities and creating an economic environment that allows for job growth. The explosive growth of government regulations during the previous Administration hurt both economic growth and job creation. Making life work for families in our community starts with reducing government interference in every-day life, reducing government-imposed costs, and increasing individual liberty. Additionally, we must prioritize infrastructure projects, especially water infrastructure around Lake Okeechobee, to stop the devastation of our economy being caused by toxic water discharges.
Our accomplishments include:
- Passing legislation requiring Congressional approval of new major regulations
- Overturning more than a dozen overreaching Obama-era regulations
- Investing hundreds of millions of dollars in South Florida water infrastructure
- Securing a commitment to authorize the EAA Southern Storage Reservoir
- Introducing legislation securing federal resources to support communities impacted by harmful algal blooms
- Cutting taxes for American families, including doubling the standard deduction and child tax credit