The most important issue for our community is the devastation of our water. This impacts everyone: businesses forced to close, people getting sick, animals killed, and our environment destroyed. Health and safety needs to be made a top priority to prevent these discharges. Our work in this area is not about one party or any individual; it is about defending our community by putting all people and our environment first.
Our accomplishments include:
- Securing a commitment to authorize the EAA Southern Storage Reservoir
- Passing hundreds of millions of dollars to combat harmful algal blooms, prevent toxic agricultural runoff and restore the Everglades
- Fully funding expedited completion of the Herbert Hoover Dike
- Passing legislation forcing the Army Corps to re-evaluate their discharge schedule
- Passing legislation funding the development of technology to clean massive discharges of water
- Serving as Vice Chairman of the Water Resources & Environment Subcommittee